korean한국어 로그인

자유게시판

Who Knows What 95% Confidence Means?

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Pearlene Pridge…
댓글 0건 조회 6회 작성일 24-07-26 09:12

본문

The only reason to care in regards to the publishers' lawsuit in opposition to Google Print is the pure epic drama that is going to unfold. If plainitively dumb wailing can win the PR battle that is the lawsuit over google search with python Print, then the AAP (the publisher's lobby) has made a great selection in selecting former Colorado congresswoman Pat Schroeder as their leader. I say to Google, ‘Let’s make a deal. You won’t make fairly as much cash, however I believe you’ll do okay. Let’s share, boys, come on, let’s share! You don’t need to be so greedy! I'm critical. Schroeder may be supremely dumb, but she's the sort of dumb that wins sympathy. It's really a David vs Goliath story, in terms of brains (hint: Google playing the Goliath part, on this case). In fact, we all understand how that turned out. Testing the housing knowledge numbers on the census bureau, I notice the odd coloring of their "brand": What to make of the alternating black and cyan letters?

maxres.jpgFibonacci sequence based mostly? Some anagram or secret abbreviation? Or is it the lingering presence of the Masons? Understanding statistics is extra important than voting as of late. However, most individuals, and notably press folks do not understand fundamental statistical ideas. Example: right this moment's housing numbers. Yesterday housing was "cooling". Today it appears to be like warm once more: As we now have warned, the abundance of worldwide knowledge due out this week could trigger quite a lot of volatility in the foreign money markets. Today, robust US knowledge has helped the dollar recuperate much of yesterday's losses. Sales of new properties surged 13% to a document high of 1.424 million. That seems constructive, right? Statistically, those housing numbers let you know very little since the margin of error is far Higher than the measured change. Who is aware of what 95% confidence means? Who is aware of what affirmation bias is? There are numbers everywhere immediately, and other people take them and run. Microsoft is submitting its Office 12 doc codecs reminiscent of Word and Excel to a European standards physique (ECMA - additionally they manage the JavaScript "standard", btw) Good news for anyone trying to improve workflow with Office documents.

folded-scarfs.jpg?width=746&format=pjpg&exif=0&iptc=0

Another long time coming transfer, and it reeks of critical desperation, I think. Separate Bidding for AdSense! Google publicizes that they will permit separate bids for the Search (i.e. AdWords) and the Content (i.e. AdSense) networks. Early Christmas current for AdWords individuals, and probably decrease returns for AdSense publishers. Why do I feel it means lower returns for AdSense publishers? Simply because the AdWords aspect performs higher, but most advertisers haven't gone through the ache of establishing separate campaigns for the lower value content aspect. This move ought to make that process simpler, and the bidding on the content material aspect ought to mirror its decrease conversion charge. Andrew Goodman referred to as out the necessity for this back in 2003, I believe. Nice to see Google reacting to suggestions from it is consumer base with such alacrity. When I'm going into AdWords to see this characteristic in motion, it isn't precisely straightforward to find, so I suspect the effect on AdSense publishers might be very gradual.

Listed here are the directions. Jack Shafer of Slate makes an attempt to get techno-hip and writes an odd parody/parable about Google and the newspaper business. Very odd. Non-sensical in every way, actually. Probably not humorous or insightful, it principally makes you assume he ought to stick to his normal political beat. Maybe it's brillant in any case, if you can't make sure who the joke is presupposed to be on? Om Malik says: People go to Google for search, Yahoo for MyYahoo, and Microsoft… ’t know any better. Day one in all Google Base. It's pretty much all spam. Pod provides, all of the eBay hyperlinks, the entire Amazon affliate hyperlinks. It's amazing how briskly individuals work these days. Even the recipes are spam. Have a look at this page. Try what happens after product 15 or so, there are about 35 duplicates of some Nokia wireless plan, similar product, one for each location that the store has.

Depressingly dangerous - no elimination or clustering of duplicates. And it doesn't give you that much confidence when, after you press "Upload and process this file", the message appears "Check back in an hour to see if your file was processed correctly"! While I'm ranting, would not Google have sufficient experience to know that labelling a button "Upload and course of this file" is just a waste of house. Isn't "Upload" perfectly concise? A minimum of you recognize they're not spending the money on frivolous usability gurus or usability panel testing. This LA Times article masking the clash of the Hollywood sorts and the Silicon Valley Yahoos is pretty funny. Then later on, extra parking jealousy Shortly after he was employed, Braun converted a convention room with a patio into his personal workplace. He additionally reserved a parking area close to the elevators for his car. His top executives followed his instance, fueling derision among some in Sunnyvale, the place only Semel and attorneys who handle confidential matters have offices.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.