자유게시판

Audi G28 10 Things I'd Love To Have Known Sooner

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Gia
댓글 0건 조회 3회 작성일 24-10-14 17:49

본문

How to Replace an audi key programmer G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. This sensor is situated on the outside of the transmission over the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal the ECU via a grey wire (T55/49), then to the tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located on the outside of the transmission, directly above the flywheel ring. The sensor transmits signals through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU then uses this information to control the flow of fuel, timig and boost. It also sends a signal to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu has to know when the crankshaft has reached TDC and also the position of the camshaft, so that it can activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will display an error code P00160 which indicates that the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are out of sync and could indicate chain stretch or a jumped link on the upper timing chain. The code won't appear without the additional information supplied by other sensors (G4 or G40).

Testing is a bit tricky as there are two different connector pins and they have different functions but the best way to test it is to measure the resistance between the sensor and the ECU. When the sensor is fully operational, it should be reading approximately 1000 ohms. Look for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay if there are problems with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when accelerating from highway paytoll at a high speed I noticed a significant drop in power. It was like the engine was running out of gas. Or my injectors were not firing. This morning i pull out the spark plugs. Three were drenched with gazoline the fourth was dry. When i crank the engine, there are no sparks, I put a piece of tissue on the top of each hole in the injector, the 3 drenched with gazoline leap out, however the 4th stays closed. I checked the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55,30/55 and 48/55 I get zero ohm. I'm assuming the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID but with no luck. The car is able to start if the G28 is not plugged in and is running fine when it is plugged in but it still has the intermittent misfire issue at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even when it is unplugged, shows temperatures of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar while the actual pressure is 0.

I'm not certain what to do, i think i've pretty much completely ruled out all other possibilities. I'm worried that i might have missed something. Let me know If you have any suggestions! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 gets a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter functions similarly to the G4 sender and works on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. It is easy to find the audi spare keys in a salvage shop or a parts store. It is easy to test them: simply put your DMM into resistance mode and test the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector's end facing upwards). They should be infinite ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY ADU) engines needs to know the position and speed the crankshaft in order to make a decision about timing of fuel injectors, etc. To accomplish this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you encounter a problem with either one of these, the diagnostic scanner will show codes that could cause an engine shut down.

A failing G28 sensor could cause an inaccurate speed counter for your gearbox, a gearbox that shifts faster than normal, and/or a misfire in gear. It is likely that your sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you experience any of these signs. They're cheap and easy to find, especially when they're an Bosch model like ours. If you prefer, GM's version of this part is an excellent choice.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor replacement programming audi key key [http://yxhsm.net] could be the reason behind numerous issues with your car. It's a crucial component of the transmission of your Audi Key Copy because it relays information to the ECU on how fast or slowly the car's engine is spinning. This sensor could cause the transmission to fail and other car components to be affected.

volkswagon-logo.jpgThe G5 engine speed sensor is located on the edge of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49 via a grey wire. The ECU utilizes this signal to regulate the flow of fuel and boost and also to timigrate. It also sends it to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster. You can check the sensor for any failure by checking the continuity between it and the tachometer, between the ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection on pin T6a/1 (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should detect an average resistance of 1000 ohms between these two points. This is a standard component across the audi key shell 80, 100, 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC to the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU. Good parts could be found in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.